Saturday, October 6, 2012

T-5 : The Great Diversion - The Face Off Party

I am decidedly dreading surgery and a number of my close friends know this well. 

A few months ago a brilliant plan was hatched....Throw a party so that I would have something to focus on, something to get excited about and could also use it as an excuse to gather all the people closest to me in one place from some last minute morale support.

Now when I say party, this was not just any old party.....This was a Face Off party!!!


Purely designed to Poke a LOT of fun!

For starters, entry was by donation of liquid sustenance or a form of entertainment (books, crosswords, DVD etc). 

A 3 course liquid dinner was served to create empathy amoungst my friends - this sorts out your adventurous friends from the rest of the pack (yes John your lack of adventure will forever be ridiculed)!
Entree: Pumpkin soup Or Carrot and Ginger soup
Main: Liquid pizza with liquidfied garlic bread followed by liquid baked potato...mmmm!!!
Dessert: A Dutch tradition in my family - Vlaflip  

A number of hilarious games were played: 

1) Pin the jaw on Sonja - an A2 print out of my head was a bit overwhelming but at least now I can see why I need my jaw corrected.











2) Flip book - You decide the new look for the surgeon.


 


3) Nip and Tuck - How many pegs can you and your team mate attach to their face in 30 seconds.

4) Eat the donut off the string with no hands (whilst wearing vampire teeth).

It was a truly fabulous night!!
A huge thank you to all my amazing friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment