Thursday, November 8, 2012

D-Day

Ok, so I feel a bit naughty, like I've snuck into my parents room snooping for Christmas presents or something. Yes I have access.... *insert evil laugh about here*.

So one of my closest buddies is having her surgery today - I actually think I'm more of a control freak than my beloved Son. So this is killing me just as much as you honey!

Waiting is never my thing, and I know its not Son's either, and me texting her every five minutes asking if anything has happened, potentially isn't helping pass the time and I'm not getting a hell of a lot of work done. In hind sight I wish I was sitting there with her and Andrew, then we could both pace together and Andrew could just watch - and potentially shake his head.

We could do some speed training down the hallway to improve my pace for my next race. We could see how many magazines we could stack, straighten pictures, we could have races on stolen nurses chairs or play paper toss! Oh we could have some fun!!! Just maybe insert another evil laugh here...

But do you know, this is the start of something great for you my friend. Today is an end of an era of bad bites!

From tomorrow, you will be getting a new smile that will be even brighter than before. If that is at all possible.

Secret Mission. Sorry can't elaborate...
All I can tell you is, we weren't succesful!
But boy did we have fun.
We will both be able to 'chew' our snacks when we are super vets sitting on a mountain at midnight in a Rogaine National comp in some exotic location watching the full moon. I will still be able to distract you with talking about chicken snitzels - and if you chose to eat them - you could do so!

Very very soon, you will loose your bling and bits won't get stuck in your teeth and require "people" to engage emergency action to remove said vegetable pieces out of "the" bling.

And lastly, the thing I'm most looking forward to is that you will be able to eat confidently and remove your hand from in front of your beautiful face, so we can see your smile that lights up our souls.

When you smile - I smile!

Oh and of course, there will be many many more crazy "liquid" parties, dinner parties, celebrations for years to come!

Sonja you are in my thoughts.


Well, that killed 30 minutes.... has anything happened?

2 comments:

  1. Must be about half way through the operation now (2:40pm) .... Man this waiting sucks!!!! At least you get to sleep through it Sonja!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you are out - waking up and probably feeling pretty crappy! But we are pleased that "you did really well" :O)

    ReplyDelete