Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 15: Clean Teeth and Drooling!

Left Jaw Pain: 0/10
Right Jaw Pain: 2/10
Hip Pain: 2/10
Inconvenience factor: 4/10

I was pretty yesterday that I was running out of things to say and was consequently planning to begin posting weekly updates only. The last thing I want to do is bore you all to tears! But in finishing off yesterday's blog today, I realise that I already have new material. So.....you get at least one more story before I contract back to weekly reports.....Tomorrow may be a whole other story.


After 2 weeks, I am thoroughly fed up of my feral mouth and the ridiculous cleaning regime that I currently have to do after eating anything. The cleaning involves a curved end syringe, a lot of water sprayed through it and some mouth wash. This all makes a huge mess (numbness is only half the problem) and takes at least 10 minutes if I do it properly!

I have had a few experimental plays with my toothbrush and can kind of do the outsides of my front teeth but I can't open my jaws wide enough to fit the brush between my top and bottom teeth! Mightily frustrating!!! However, today in the supermarket, I struck upon a genius idea....get a smaller tooth brush!  I am now the very proud owner of an orange toddler's Bert and Ernie toothbrush. Success!!!! It can reach everywhere! Finally, a delightful clean and fresh feeling mouth!!! 

Today, I solved a problem but I also gained a new one! Now that I am out exploring the wider world, I have found myself ever increasingly staring at people eating food. I want what they are having. It's fixating! I fear that after weeks of liquid and puree I am becoming obsessed with the forbidden fruit - solid food!!! The worst part is when I start drooling, as my numb lip and chin means I don't realise until the string is well and truly on it's way to my shirt front! 

In an attempt to remedy some of this obsession, I decided to try takeaway food for dinner. Maybe it is simply that the soup and pureed veg on repeat is getting old and tired. Check out my nosh this evening......Indian....ok - can't recognise it - Pureed Rice (with a splash of milk) and pureed Palak Paneer (spinach and cheese). Despite looking rather unappealing, it actually tasted really good!!! Another success for the day! I am contemplating blending pizza next!
 



1 comment:

  1. I wonder...not for too long though, what a hamburger blended up would look like...I'm truely sorry but that Indian is just not looking appetizing at all. You are a brave girl.

    ReplyDelete