Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Take 2: 2 Days Out - New Bling and Waiting for a Phone Not to Ring

Check out my new Bling.... Today I got Surgical hooks! A mouth full of lovely metal balls and rods, one between each pair of teeth. My tongue is having a field day exploring all these new foreign objects and the insides of my lips and cheeks are already ulcering in protest - yes, sure, I guess I could have tried talking less! 

The lovely trainee sitting in on my appointment this morning asked her more experienced colleagues what the surgical hooks were for. One of the dental assistants knowledgeably replied that "They are used during surgery". 
Fearless Trainee: Yes, but what for? 
Dental Assistant 1: Silence and a pointed 'look'
Dental Assistant 2 (attempting to save the day): They are used to hang bits of gum and skin on.

WTF?!?!? Thank goodness you're not doing my surgery young lady!!! Fairly sure they help line my teeth up when creating my new functional bite....but what would I know.....gum racks they are!
Oh yes - please  ignore the bling for a moment and note the unaligned and non-functional state of my present bite! Awesome!

So with my accessorising session complete, I had to focus, get busy and finish getting organised. I worked my way through a large list of things to do, including making soup to freeze. I whipped up a delicious pumpkin soup and a truly kick-arse leek and potato soup - see recipe pages. Sure my hands were exceedingly busy but to be honest, I essentially spent the ENTIRE day praying that my phone didn't ring. Any phone call could be Cranio Facial cancelling again. 

Have you even been on an awesome first date? You swap numbers and then you sit and you wait. Wait for him to call...... Well times that agony by about 103 million. Waiting for a phone NOT to ring is pure torture!!!

It's now less than 12 hours until they can no longer cancel on me. No trauma gets to trump me if I make it to my pre-surgery appointment at 9am tomorrow. At that point there is no going back.
I am liking my odds. Somewhere in my mind I had expected it to be cancelled again. But it's going to happen this time! It's really going to happen!
Holy Crab!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best, very glad it is you and not me having jaw surgery / gum hooks in my mouth!!!!

    if your bored, I play words with friends and scramble on my phone.

    Feel free to set a game up for something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck - see you on the other side :O) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete